Event rules & guidelines applicable to all participants
The following event rules and guidelines are intended to help produce and direct a large scale event, to insure the safety of all participants, to meet the requirements of local governments permits, the Jordan Athletic Federation, and the International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF) regulation for participant performance records and event liability.
Conditions of entry
The Red Sea Half Marathon (Ayla) is organized in accordance with the regulations of the Jordan Athletics Federation and the IAAF, We point out that the conditions of participation are accepted by the participant by signing the entry form
- There will be no registration on race day.
- All entry fees are not refundable and not transferable to future races.
- Registration online will be closed on 4th DEC 2016
- Registration is only possible until 8 DEC 2016 only on Aqaba city.
- Registration changes or cancelation will not be accepted after 7th DEC 2014.
- Each runner must sign his\her registration form waiver.
- A valid identity card should be enclosed with the registration form.
- Numbers will be delivered to registered runners only unless registered runner wishes to have another individual pick up his\her package and must provide that individual with his\her purchase ticket.
- Participant under 16 years old should have the signature of a parent or legal guardian on the registration form in order to participate.
- Registration will be canceled for none paid participant till December 4.
- Once the registration form has been duly processed, there will be no fee refund for those participants who eventually do not take part for whatever reason.
- The Organizers reserves the right to cancel or postpone the race without any prior notification, in which case, the registration fees are non-refundable.
- A list of participants will be posted on our website.
Timing Chip and Bib number
- All participants must attach their bib numbers on the T-shirt.
- Participants may not exchange or give away his\her race bib number to any other person. Exchanging or giving away numbers is strictly prohibited and will result in disqualification and or banning from future races.
- Participants must pin their bib number on front of their t-shirt.
- Only participants wearing the provided timing chip and number will be timed and included to the race results.
Day of the race
- You must be in good health and physically prepared to undertake the challenge to participate in the race.
- All participants are responsible for knowing the races starting time and the check in method for their start corral.
- All participants must be positioned behind the line when starting the race.
- Participants must stay on the official course at all times it’s the responsibility of each participant to know the course and follow the coded signs please see the course map to learn the course before race day, any participants leaves the course will be automatically disqualified.
- Runners must stay on the right shoulder of the road and with in the permitted area so that runners coming to your left have a clear lane. Do not cut in front of another runner until you can safely do so, if you decide to slow down or stop gradually veer to the edge of the road.
Cancelation and disqualification policy
- Athletes who participate in this competition may be subject to formal drug testing in accordance with the IAAF regulation rule 144. Athletes found positive for a banned substance or refused to be tested will be disqualified from this event and will lose eligibility for future competition.
- The race director reserve the right to disqualify any individual who dose not comply with the rules, caught cheating.
- Participant found to be wearing more than one timing device during the race will be disqualified and their results will not be recorded.
- Any runner found cheating on the course would be disqualified from this run and future races.
- Taking a ride between timing stations will result in the disqualification of runners from this run and all future runs.